Technologiepark 94 Gent Belgium
Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for an Accountant.
Scope of your job
· Responsible for the accounting of the Belgian company from A-Z;
· Perform proper & timely monthly closings for the ledgers of the Belgian company;
· Ensure monthly accurate reconciliations between general ledger and sub-systems;
· Follow up on cash planning;
· Coordinate the accounting of a subsidiary;
· Prepare consolidation;
· Secure compliance to accounting/legal requirements;
· Manage tax requirements and tax declarations for the Belgian company;
· Manage and coordinate the relationships with external tax and accounting advisors;
· Ensure books' accuracy by setting up and maintaining control procedures; prepare audits;
· Participate in the implementation of financial processes;
· Take the lead in the implementation of ERP (financial module and interfaces);
· Act as contact person with the external auditors and banks.
What we are looking for
· Bachelor degree in Business Economics, Applied Economical Sciences or Commercial Sciences. At least 4 to 5 years relevant experience in an international accounting environment;
· Knowledge of IFRS is a major asset. Experience with accounting of non-Belgianbased companies is an asset. Profound knowledge of general accounting principles and general tax matters;
· Fluent in English and Dutch;
· Computer literate: ERP system (MS Dynamics BC is an asset), MS Office applications esp. Excel;
· Hands-on, do-er with personal drive and entrepreneurial mindset;
· Quality, process and results driven;
· Analytical and detail oriented;
· Able to work independently and to perform under strict deadlines;
· Flexible and open for new challenges in a fast-changing environment;
· Team player with good communication skills and high personal ethic.
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply via our career site www.biotalys.com and add your CV and motivation letter to your application.