Bio-IT at Aelin Therapeutics
Bio-IT at Aelin Therapeutics
Gaston Geenslaan 1 Leuven Belgium
Aelin Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company pioneering peptide-based novel drug modalities to create powerful first-in-class antibiotics and agents against high-value undruggable human targets in oncology. The technology, branded Pept-ins™, harnesses the power of protein aggregation to induce specific functional knockdown of a target protein. The Pept-in™ technology allows for the rational design of novel peptide-based therapeutics and differentiates itself from other therapeutic modalities through its unique mode of action, its designability and broad target space.
Aelin Tx is looking for a structural bioinformatician with a good knowledge of protein structure and folding, as well as aggregation. In this position you will ensure the complete bioinformatics know-how ranging from the prediction of APR (aggregation prone sequence segments) to the support of the lead optimisation process of our Pept-ins™, currently in pre-clinical development. It encompasses a complex role that can profoundly impact the company.
For more information please visit www.aelintx.com.
• Hands-on experience and expertise in homology modelling, force fields and structural analysis, as well as secondary structure propensity predictions.
• Previous experience with in silico protein aggregation prediction and simulation is a plus.
• Excellent big data analysis skills (R,), and capable of handling diverse omics data.
• Able to translate structural insights into meaningful support for Aelin’s lead optimisation programs on peptides.
• Generating scientific ideas and hypothesis to be challenged by the means of in vitro or in vivo experiments.
• Present complex scientific data in a clear, comprehensive manner
• Ensure smooth communication and interactions with the other teams and all stakeholders
• Establish and maintain a network in the academic world in the field of structural bio-informatics; manage academic collaborations in this field; engage with KOLs
Desired skills and Experience:
• Ph.D. (or equivalent) with at least 6 years of industrial experience, with relevant work experience in drug discovery or related discipline
• Broad understanding of structural bio-informatics with a proven track-record on protein structure analysis and prediction
• Good knowledge of drug discovery and development processes
• Knowledge in the oncology and/or microbiology therapeutic area is a clear plus as well as previous experience with peptides
• Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
• The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
The company offers an entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious and dynamic biotech company, working with top entrepreneurs and innovators in the biotech industry.
You will have freedom to shape your work and shape your job. Your input is highly appreciated.
Next to a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer you the chance to grow and be a part of the Aelin team driven by innovation and science to develop new therapies.
Do you have the right qualifications, a bright mind, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision and are you interested in joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation
and CV to email@example.com.