Technologiepark 94 Gent Belgium
Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
The Discovery group at Biotalys is looking for a highly motivated and experienced person with an innovative mindset and a strong background in (single domain) antibody research, to strengthen the team tasked with the analytical characterization of next generation AGROBODY™ bioactives. Specifically, the Biochemical Expert will be integrated into the multidisciplinary AGROBODY Foundry™ Platform to independently conduct AGROBODY™ bioactive Discovery and Development activities. (S)he will be tasked with scouting for novel improved next generation AGROBODY™ bioactives and with implementing improvements for or complementary technologies to the AGROBODY™ Discovery platform specifically building stress/function relationships and establishing a Quality by Design system.
Scope of your job
· Drive the company’s efforts in the development of novel AGROBODY™ bioactives;
· Scientific specialist and technical expert current with the latest technology developments and responsible for continuous improvement by identifying, proposing and implementing changes and improvement opportunities to established protocols, systems and platforms that could fit in a Quality by Design system;
· Cross-function project liaising effectively with multidisciplinary teams to coordinate research activities;
· Analyze and present scientific results at various team, project and management review meetings;
· Motivated to work in the laboratory with a quality conscious attitude.
What we are looking for
· A PhD degree in biochemistry, or other related biological sciences with at least 3 years of postdoctoral or industrial experience, or a Master degree with at least 5 years of relevant industry experience is required;
· Demonstrated successful experience in protein or antibody structural/functional characterization research; experience in an industry setting is preferred;
· Demonstrated experience or keen interest in Quality by Design is considered a plus;
· A strong background in the theory and practice of protein biochemistry, excellent problem-solving skills and a thorough understanding of protein biochemistry, protein handling, purification and characterization;
· A strong scientific understanding of functional-structural biochemical inter-relationship, conceptual and technical expertise in stress tests and state of the art antibody analysis and screening technologies (e.g. ELISA, Flow Cytometry, OCTET, SPR, spectroscopic and other physico-chemical techniques);
· Able to act as an intellectual resource for her/his area of expertise by supporting assay troubleshooting and improve analytical methods as needed. Data interpretation and basic statistical analysis;
· Perform method pre-qualification, author analytical test methods, qualification protocols/reports, review stability protocol/reports and lead method transfer to Quality Control laboratory;
· Excellent data management, written and presentation skills and strong team player;
· A creative mind to solve scientific problems.
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation with impact, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply by e-mail and send your resume and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.