Gaston Geenslaan 1 Leuven Belgium
miDiagnostics is developing a revolutionary new generation of disposable medical diagnostics tests that require only a small drop of capillary blood and allow detection of cells, proteins, nucleic acids, and/or small molecules. Our core technology is a novel silicon-based nanofluidic processor that automatically processes the blood sample without the need of pumps or valves. miDiagnostics’ goal is to remove the need for complex and costly instrumentation, enabling medical decisions to be taken at the point of need or remote areas with a high level of comfort to both patients and caregivers. The first application miDiagnostics is working on is a complete blood count test.
We are looking for a Data Engineer with good notions of software engineering, architecture and analysis. The ideal candidate has a solid experience in data cleaning, data mining, data analysis, data visualization, and shares our passion for accurate, accessible and transparant data.
You will be part of a growing multi-disciplinary engineering team consisting of researchers, developers, electronics engineers, optical engineers, biophysicists, fluidic designers, clinical lab personnel and many more. Join us on our exciting journey to enable the next generation of lab-on-a-chip diagnostics!
• Experience with data visualization tools (experience in Tableau is a plus)
• Deep understanding of databases and SQL (experience with mySql is a plus)
• Familiarity with software for data cleanup (experience with OpenRefine is a plus)
• Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and REST API
• Strong communication skills
• Service-minded, detail-oriented, result-focused and quality driven
• Strong analytical and planning skills
• An understanding of relevant regulatory requirements within the IVD/medical industry is a plus
• Fluent in English
• Full-time job at a fast-growing and ambitious start-up in the biotech industry
• Market competitive salary and benefits package
• miDiagnostics is an international-oriented company with close connections to two world class research institutions (Imec and Johns Hopkins University)
• You will be part of an international and multidisciplinary team
• You can further grow in a new and exciting cutting-edge field in point-of-care diagnostics
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com with reference to this opportunity.