Digital production officer
Digital production officer
The VIB Communications & Events team coordinates VIB's communication strategy and ensures the worldwide visibility of the institute's successes, activities, and people. This communication strategy uses campaigns to bring VIB’s cutting–edge research, technologies, and values to different stakeholders (academics, industry, press, and the broad public). VIB.be is the central hub of those activities.
As a digital production officer, you will play a significant role in maintaining and improving VIB websites. If you can pair a creative eye with an analytical mind, if you are detail–oriented and a smooth communicator, then we would like to meet you.
VIB is an entrepreneurial and non-profit research institute with a clear focus on ground-breaking research in life sciences. VIB operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders – Ghent University, KU Leuven, University of Antwerp, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, and Hasselt University.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia, Web, and ICT
- Knowledge of HTML–5, CSS & web standards
- Experience with SEO and online marketing
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics
- Knowledge of Drupal is a plus
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud apps
- You have effective communication skills (Dutch and English)
- You are creative and have a flair for layout and design
- You know how to present complex content in an attractive way
- You can work independently, but you also enjoy working in a team
- You have an eye for detail, but you can also take a helicopter view
- You are flexible, stress-resistant, and you respect deadlines
- You are hands-on and accurate
Key Responsibilities Include
- You will be responsible for the maintenance of the VIB websites.
- You will help in optimizing the website for search engines.
- You will create landing pages for campaigns.
- You will use tools such as Google Analytics to measure the impact of the campaigns and based thereon suggest how to optimize traffic and boost conversions.
- You will help to improve design, ensuring a smooth user journey.
- You will ensure uniformity and consistency throughout the website.
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- A diverse job with room for hybrid working
- The possibility to grow your skill set
- The chance to contribute to the international visibility of VIB
- Competitive salary, extensive extra-legal benefits, and 32 days of holiday in a full-time 40-hour position
- A stimulating and supportive international environment
- Integration in a fun, young and vibrant team
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.