Head of Human Resources
Head of Human Resources
At VIB, an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, we are dedicated to impactful strategic basic research in life sciences. Our world-class researchers benefit from cutting-edge facilities and support. VIB translates the gained insights and scientific breakthroughs into real-world applications, which leads to both societal and economic benefits. The institute operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders.
In view of the upcoming retirement of the current head of HR, we are seeking a proactive and strategic-minded HR professional to lead the Human Resources team.
You will shape VIB’s HR strategy and initiatives, through which you will be fostering a positive and innovative work environment for our exceptional researchers and staff. You will be an integral part of the management team of VIB, contributing to organizational changes and strategic projects. You will be responsible for developing and implementing an HR strategic plan, policies, and programs that align with VIB’s scientific and entrepreneurial mission.
The role is supported by a strong and experienced HR team, both a central team as well as staff located in the research centers. You will closely collaborate with the Center Directors of VIB.
- Oversee all aspects of the HR function including HR operations (payroll, single permits, onboarding-offboarding), compensation, and benefits
- Ensure compliance with labor laws and regulations
- Develop an integrated HR strategy, plan, and budget to drive talent acquisition, development and retention
- Foster a culture of well-being, transparency and diversity
- Provide proactive support to the Center Directors and heads of the other support units to identify their HR needs and develop tailored solutions
- Enhance VIB’s image as an excellent employer towards external and internal stakeholders, on the local and international scene to attract top-tier researchers and staff to the institute
- Implement and manage performance management programs to foster a culture of continuous improvement and recognize excellence
- Develop and update HR policies and procedures
- Expand and maintain partnerships with university stakeholders
- Pro-actively prepare the EU directives regarding the Pay Transparency Reporting
- Develop metrics to track HR performance, and make recommendations based on results to VIB leadership
- Lead the central HR team (about 12 persons)
Required knowledge and experience
- Several years’ experience in leading an HR team
- A strong knowledge of HR best practices, employment laws, and regulations
- Proven track record in developing and implementing a HR strategy
- Up to date with the latest trends and best practices in the field of HR
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with colleagues and a wide range of stakeholders in a multicultural and multi-disciplinary environment
- Affinity with a multicultural and international workforce
- Experience in change management
- Proficiency in HRIS systems and other HR-related software, to streamline HR processes and data management
- Proficiency in English and Dutch
What we offer
- A chance to contribute to an institute that values innovation and collaboration, and that has a major impact on society
- An attractive salary package with extra benefits
- A smart working environment in our state-of-the-art head office (move foreseen early 2024)
Your contributions will directly impact the success of our research initiatives and the growth of our talented workforce.
VIB values diversity - in backgrounds and in experiences. The institute needs people from all backgrounds and ways of life to help build an environment that leads to excellent science. VIB is therefore looking for candidates who are not only strong in their own aptitudes but care deeply about supporting each other's growth. VIB’s collaborators are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for science that generates an impact on society. Diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also nationality, age, disability status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All of VIB’s employees’ points of view are key to its success, and inclusion is everyone's responsibility.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please send your CV with a letter of motivation to Mathieu Staes from HR One Group, email@example.com.