Technologiepark 94 Gent Belgium
Who we are
The growing demand for healthy, safe and sustainable food has increasingly imposed restrictions on agricultural practices. Therefore, improving food production efficiency in a sustainable way, while safeguarding the environment and its natural resources, is essential.
We at Biotalys have the ambition to transform food protection, shaping the future of sustainable and safe food supply. We are a rapidly growing and transformative food and crop protection company developing a new generation of protein-based biocontrol solutions.
Based on our ground-breaking technology platform, we have developed a broad pipeline of effective and safe products with novel modes of action, addressing key crop pests and diseases across the whole value chain, from soil to plate. Our products combine the high-performance characteristics of chemicals with the clean safety profile of biologicals, making them ideal crop protection agents for both pre- and post-harvest applications.
Our headquarters are located in the vibrant biotech cluster in Ghent, Belgium. More information can be found on www.biotalys.com.
To strengthen our valuable team of dedicated employees, Biotalys is looking for a Project Manager to provide project management support on protein-based biocontrol discovery and technology project teams. The Project Manager will actively contribute and help the teams to effectively and efficiently deliver on project goals on schedule and within budget and will contribute to the functional development of project management at Biotalys.
Scope of your job
· Lead, plan, execute, follow-up & monitor projects and tasks to adhere to timelines, budget and quality standards
· Define and manage project success criteria & risks and disseminate them to involved parties throughout the project lifecycle
· Manage projects within a matrix-based organization and via external collaborations
· Ensure alignment within project teams, between project teams and functional units, and with relevant governance bodies
· Oversee and prepare project team budget including resources and costs, collaborating with Finance and other cross-functional departments - report on actuals versus planned
· Work in partnership with project team to develop and identify risks and opportunities and execute on project plan and strategy
· Communicate, document and archive project team activities, risks, milestones, deliverables and decisions.
· Act as a primary contact for project team related information
· Actively facilitate project team meetings (including the preparation of meeting agendas, minutes, and follows up on action items), cross-functional communications and decision making, ensuring alignment with internal and external stakeholders
· Prepare routine and/or ad hoc project status/dashboard reports
· Maintain project team SharePoint site
· Identify, recommend and implement opportunities for streamlining programs.
· Participate in implementing improvements to project management processes, tools and infrastructure to ensure ongoing efficiency across the company
What we are looking for
· Minimum 5 years of multi-disciplinary experience in Applied Life Sciences
· Minimum 3 years of project management experience in Applied Life Sciences
· Previous responsibility for planning and managing budget across several projects
· Experience with Project Management software to manage complex project timelines and resources
· Strong proficiency with project management practices, tools and methodology
· Proactive self-starter and multitasker with a ‘can do’ attitude; ability to (self-)motivate to a high level of productivity; high level of adaptability to changing circumstances/priorities; able to work under pressure
· Excellent interpersonal, influencing and managerial skills; Proven ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and with cross-functional teams; constructive mindset and real team player, strong motivational and team interaction skills
· Critical thinking, problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
· Ability work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting food and crop protection company
· Excellent presentation, and written/oral communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken)
What we offer
Teamwork, innovation, passion, well-being and accountability are the Biotalys’ values that guide our business and that we prize when we recruit new talent and reward our employees. We strive to create an exciting and dynamic working environment in which you will be challenged to take initiative, contributing to the success of the company. You will work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary team of top innovators in the AgFood Biotech industry who will support you to further develop and grow your personal skills. You will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package.
Are you ready to set new grounds and new standards? Please apply by e-mail and send your resume and motivation letter to email@example.com.