Project manager Data Analysis
Project manager Data Analysis
VIB (Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie) is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders.
The VIB Data Core is a new initiative that will offer hardware, software, and data-related services for non-sensitive and sensitive data to scientists of the Research Centers. More specifically, the Core strives to increase the quality, standardisation, reproducibility, and efficiency across the data life cycle - from project planning and data acquisition to knowledge generation, and publication and archiving of the research data according to FAIR principles.
The VIB Data Core works closely together with experts from the ELIXIR consortium, a European research infrastructure that unites Europe’s leading life-science organisations. The core team of the Belgian ELIXIR Node, which is embedded in the Core, has been active in providing platforms and guidance for research data management and reproducible data analysis.
To support reproducible research, we are looking for a Project manager Data Analysis.
The Data Analysis team within the VIB Data Core will provide software tools, platforms, and workflows, enabling reproducible data analysis for the VIB Research Centers and Core Facilities. The Project manager Data Analysis will be responsible to align the provided data analysis services to the evolving needs of the life-science researchers. You will contribute to reproducible and efficient data analysis by stimulating the usage of workflows and directing researchers to fit-for-purpose platforms and infrastructures. You will contribute to Open Science through diverse international projects the team is involved in such as Galaxy and WorkflowHub. You will report to the Team lead Data Analysis.
As Project manager Data Analysis you will:
- Be the main contact point for research groups to enable access to the data analysis services, in close collaboration with the experts and developers in the team
- Be responsible for designing and implementing use cases in collaboration with researchers to support adoption, usage, and further improvement of our data analysis services
- Contribute to the WorkflowHub, as part of the ELIXIR Tools Ecosystem, and specifically help drive its adoption
- Contribute to the training of researchers in using our data analysis services
- Evaluate user experience of our portfolio of services
- Master or Ph.D. degree in life sciences or equivalent through experience
- Hands-on experience with scientific analysis workflows
- Ability to lead and organise projects from concepts to implementation
- Knowledge of the principles of FAIR and Open data
- Able to work both independently as well as in an international, distributed team
- Experience working in an academic environment is an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing in English
- An open-ended contract
- Competitive package based on experience and expertise, and benefits
- An innovative, challenging, and international working environment in the large life-sciences network of VIB and the ELIXIR infrastructure across Europe
- Contribute to the building of a future-proof, researcher-oriented ecosystem for the management of analysis workflows and research data open to all researchers
- Opportunities for personal development
- Workplace is located at the Tech Lane Ghent Science Park, a vibrant ecosystem of international corporate R&D centers. Possibility of homeworking, with a balance between working from a remote location and from the office
How to apply?
If you are interested in this challenging and rewarding opportunity, please submit your application online, including CV and letter of motivation, through Jobsoid.