Agoralaan A-bis Diepenbeek Belgium
An exciting opportunity has arisen in Complix NV for a Research Scientist to join a research team based in Bioville, Diepenbeek (Hasselt). Headquartered in Belgium, Complix is an established biotech company committed to the development of therapies for major diseases with high unmet medical need, including cancer, neurology, viral diseases and autoimmunity. Our proprietary technology is based on Alphabodies, a novel protein scaffold. The structure of Alphabodies confers them with significant advantages over current protein therapeutic approaches and allows for the generation of biopharmaceuticals to address targets currently unamenable to more conventional approaches. The major focus of the company is the development of Alphabody therapeutics that can address both extracellular and intracellular disease targets, thanks to their ability to effectively penetrate tissues and cells, to interfere with protein-protein interactions important in disease processes.
We are looking for a PhD scientist to join an established team tasked with the screening, characterization and understanding of the function of Alphabody drug candidates for various therapeutic applications. Specifically, the candidate will be responsible for the development and application of molecular biology and cell assays and implementation of discovery strategies to identify promising lead compounds. We offer a fulltime permanent contract, competitive salary package and benefits (pension, meal vouchers and health insurance). The role would suit an enthusiastic and energetic PhD cell biologist with experience in (immuno)oncology, immunology or neuroscience looking forward to make the leap to an exciting company in the biotech industry.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
· To plan, design and execute molecular and cellular biology assays to assess the mechanism of action of Alphabodies
· To identify and establish new techniques in the laboratory
· To critically analyze and interpret experimental data
· To design data systems and record and document data accurately in these systems
· To contribute to scientific discussions and translate project goals in design and optimization of experimental procedures
· To summarize data in written reports and presentations
Qualifications and skills:
· PhD degree in Biology or corresponding field
· Knowledge and excellent technical skills in cellular and molecular biology assays (e.g. cell culture, qPCR, western blot, reporter assay, growth assay,…)
· Experience in IHC, IF, flow cytometry is highly desired
· Experience in working in vivo with mice is a plus
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent time management skills and adaptation capacity to changes in project priorities
· Goal oriented
· Excellent communication skills oral as well as written.
· High level of proficiency in English, knowledge of Dutch is an advantage but not essential.
· A true team player
If you are interested in joining an exciting and dynamic team, please contact: Barbara.Vercruyssen@complix.com, firstname.lastname@example.org