Research Impact Manager
Research Impact Manager
At VIB, we believe that impactful research stems from a commitment to excellence. We are now seeking a new colleague for the role of Research Impact Manager. This person will play a pivotal role in shaping and implementing policies that revolve around the five-yearly peer evaluation of the VIB research centers and groups, as well as the follow-up and benchmarking of the institute’s performance and impact.
The Research Impact Manager will be part of the VIB Science Policy unit that strives to strengthen research quality by fostering a stimulating, supportive and compliant environment for research. The unit houses the Grants office and the VIB Grand Challenges program, contributes to science policy initiatives on a local and international level, and manages the regulatory affairs and research integrity-related activities of VIB.
VIB is an entrepreneurial non-profit research institute, with a clear focus on ground-breaking strategic basic research in life sciences and operates in close partnership with the five universities in Flanders. Our researchers study the principles of life, from molecules to single cells and whole organisms, ranging from microbes to plants, animals and humans.
As Research Impact Manager, you will actively engage in the various tasks, and supervise a Science Policy Officer and a Data Admin Assistant. You will work in close collaboration with the VIB Data integration team to:
- Organize, and interact with, research assessment panels and coordinate the evaluation processes,
- Coordinate performance monitoring, develop and engage in impact assessment analytics, and benchmark the VIB research on an international scale,
- Develop new analytical tools to inform institutional strategy and explore new indicators for research impact,
- Design policies and procedures that foster an excellent research environment at VIB and on an international scale,
- Develop and implement strategic institutional programs in support of VIB’s research,
- Engage in strategic alliances and partnerships with international research institutes.
- PhD in Life Sciences,
- Experience in research management and/or related policy areas,
- Strong interest in cutting-edge bio-molecular research,
- Familiar with the latest trends and best practices in research and science policy,
- Comfortable working with Key Opinion Leaders and review panels,
- Solid analytical skills and strong interpersonal management skills,
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing).
- A chance to contribute to an institute that values innovation and collaboration, and an opportunity to impact VIB’s long-term strategy,
- An attractive salary package with extra benefits,
- A smart working environment in our brand-new head office,
- A varied and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and international environment.
How to apply?
Interested candidates should submit their candidacy through the VIB online application tool.